Enjoy the view with Celestron’s Omni 56mm eyepiece – a low power wide-field 2” eyepiece with superior light transmission. This 4-element, fully multi-coated Plössl design offers a 47º apparent field of view, a great combination of low magnification and wide field of view. The Omni 56mm is perfect for viewing deep sky objects, such as star clusters (like the Pleadies), nebulae (like the Lagoon and Orion Nebulae), and galaxies (like the Andromeda Galaxy), in telescopes with a longer focal length, like Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrains and EdgeHDs. Without low power and a wide field, you won’t be able to see some of the most spectacular objects in the night sky entirely in the field of view. This eyepiece is also great for daytime viewing of panoramic vistas through longer focal length telescopes. The large lenses used in the Omni 56mm Plössl make this combination of low magnification and wide field of view possible.
The Omni 56mm eyepiece comes with a black painted internal barrel and baffles to cut down on internal light reflection for a high-contrast viewing experience. Lens edges are also blackened for maximum contrast. Its mounting barrel is threaded to accept 2" filters and is compatible with 2” star diagonals and focusers. The barrel is also notched to prevent the eyepiece from falling out of the focuser if the securing thumbscrews become loose. On the exterior of the eyepiece, you will find an integrated knurled rubber grip ring for non-slip handling during observing sessions.
Viewing through the Omni 2” eyepiece is comfortable for eyeglass wearers and non-eyeglass wearers alike, thanks to the fold-down rubber eyeguard and generous 52mm eye relief.
- Ultra-long 56mm focal length provides low power views in telescopes with a long focal length, perfect for viewing wide-field deep sky objects or daytime terrestrial vistas
- 4-element Plössl design provides sharp views to the edge of the 47° apparent field of view
- Fully multi-coated for best light transmission through the lenses, resulting in brighter images
- Comfortable eye relief (52mm) and fold-down rubber eyeguard for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses
- Knurled rubber grip ring for non-slip handling during observing sessions
- Threaded to accept most 2” filters
Barrel Size (DIA): 50.8mm (2")
Focal Length: 56mm (2.20")
Apparent Field of View: 47°
Optical Design: Plössl
Number of Lens Elements: 4
Number of Lens Groups: 2
Optical Coatings: Fully Multi-Coated
Eye Relief: 52mm (2.1")
Parfocal Eyepieces: No
Filter Threads: 50.8mm (2.0")
Eye Guard: Yes, rubber, fold-down
Weight: 15 oz (425.24 g)
Dimensions: 119mm x 64mm (4.7" x 2.5")