Celestron has joined forces with master lunar cartographer Ralph Aeschliman on a two-sided Moon Map. This quality map provides you a great way to familiarise yourself with the Moon, our neighbouring world. Whether you are looking for Lacus, Maria, Montes, or Valles, the Moon map will help you navigate the lunar landscape with confidence. You can observe features with your telescope and locate them on the map or vice versa. This map also features a directory of all the key lunar regions with coordinates to find them.
On the reverse side of the map, there are close-up photos and information about the most exciting lunar regions to explore. You will also find images of the North and South polar regions for reference. Refer to the lunar observing tips for practical information about using your telescope or binoculars to explore the Moon.
The Observer's Map of the Moon is waterproof, tear-resistant, and can be folded into an 8" x 4" size, making it easy to take along on your next camping trip, star party, or evening in your backyard. When not in use, the Moon map will be a stylish decorative poster on your wall. It makes a great display for your classroom or astronomy club.
Whether you are just beginning or an advanced observer, you will find yourself viewing the Moon again and again; have the Observer's Map of the Moon be your guide.
- Double-sided map of the lunar surface highlights key features like craters and maria that you can explore for yourself with your telescope
- Features a directory of the best craters and lunar features with coordinates to find them
- Detailed lunar observing tips and information about key lunar regions on the reverse side of the map
- Lunar topography by renowned lunar cartographer, Ralph Aeschliman
- Map is 24" x 24" for easy reading or display, but folds to just 8" x 4" for easy transport to your observing site
- Map is waterproof and tear resistant
Dimensions: 24" x 24"
Dimensions (folded): 8" x 4"
Material: 4.2 mil HopSyn synthetic
Tear resistant: Yes