The Celestron Hummingbird 9x27 mm ED Angled Spotting Scope is a micro ED spotting scope, and like its namesake, the Hummingbird Micro Spotting Scope is as well suited to long-distance travel as it is to the backyard.
The Hummingbird will easily fit in pocket, shoulder bag, or carry-on luggage. This spotting scope is perfect for travelling birders as an alternative to a full-size spotting scope. The lowest magnification level can also serve as a substitute for a binocular.
ED Objective Lenses - Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass virtually eliminates chromatic aberration, also known as colour fringing, a visual defect common in binoculars. Hummingbird ED delivers edge-to-edge sharpness with excellent colour correction and razor-sharp images. Not all ED glass is created equal. Celestron’s high quality ED glass delivers visibly brighter, sharper images compared to non-ED binoculars. The difference is especially apparent in low light conditions, such as at dawn or dusk.
The Waterproof / Nitrogen filled construction of the Hummingbird keeps it well protected against wet weather, humid conditions, and other environmental challenges. The durable armor works to keeps the Hummingbird protected whilst in use, or during transport.
The Hummingbird is tripod, monopod, window mount adaptable which provides a variety of options for viewing. This spotting scope can easily be secured to a stable platform for comfortable long-duration or long-distance viewing.
- Easily carried in vest or coat pocket, in belt pack, or shoulder bag.
- ED lens optical system provides sharp, clear images with vivid, well-managed colour.
- 9-27x magnification range spans binoculars and spotting scopes
- Birder-friendly close focus distance: 10 ft. / 3m close focus satisfies birding field optic requirements.
- Waterproof / Nitrogen filled - Protected against wet weather, humid conditions, and other environmental challenges.
Magnification (x): 9-27x
Angular Field of View: 4.22 deg ~ 1.85 deg
Eye Relief (mm): 15mm
Close Focus : 3m
IPD Max: n/a
IPD Min: n/a
Optical Coatings: Fully Multicoated
Weight (g): 590 g