The new Celestron PowerTank Lithium has many advantages to keep your telescopes, smart devices such as phones, tablets, GPS systems, cameras, etc fully charged, making it the perfect portable charging solution for all your electronic devices.
The Celestron PowerTank Lithium (LiFePO4) has an un-recharged shelf life of 10 years compared to 3 years for the Lithium Ion and 6-9 months for a Sealed Lead-Acid battery. The battery performance of the PowerTank Lithium also degrades at a much slower pace than other chemistries. It can be charged and discharged 2000 times compared to only 500 for a Lithium Ion battery and 300 for sealed lead-acid designs. It also uses phosphates instead of environmentally hazardous elements like cobalt or lead commonly found in other rechargeable batteries and can withstand higher temperatures than lithium-ion designs and will not be a fire danger if accidentally punctured.
All this makes the Celestron PowerTank Lithium the perfect outdoor power supply.
- Portable power pack for your computerized Celestron telescope using Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO) chemistry
- Smaller, lighter, safer, and easier to maintain than lithium-ion and sealed lead acid designs
- Up to 2000 charge cycles – four times more than lithium-ion and 7 times more than sealed lead-acid designs
- Un-recharged shelf life of up to 10 years – 3 times better than lithium-ion and 10 times better than sealed lead-acid designs
- Evironmentally friendly – Does not use toxic heavy metals
Battery Capacity: 86.4 Wh
Charge Time (from flat): 3 hours
Charging Input: 16VDC @ 2000mA
Included Items: AC mains charger, Power cord for Celestron telescopes, Strap for attaching to tripod, Strap for hanging
Light Panel: Red or White with two brightness settings for each color
Product Dimensions: 7.5" tall x 3" diameter
Product Weight: 2.25 pounds
Telescope Outpout: 12VDC @ 3000mA, Tip positive
Telescope Power Cord: 6.5 feet (2 meters) with connector for Celestron telescopes
USB Charging Port 1 Output: 5VDC @ 1000mA
USB Charging Port 2 Output: 5VDC @ 2100mA
Weatherproof/Dustproof: IP-65 rating