The Celestron ExploraScope 80AZ Refractor Telescope is designed for the beginner, and is the perfect telescope to discover all the best celestial objects. The ExploraScope comes with a red dot finderscope that helps you sight objects in the sky and centre them in your telescopeís eyepiece. You can use the new altitude slow motion rod for precise pointing and following objects as they appear to move across the sky.
The ExploraScope comes complete with everything you need to get started with amateur astronomy: 2 eyepieces, a 3x Barlow lens to triple the magnifying power of each eyepiece, an erect image diagonal for correct image orientation, and a full-height aluminum tripod. Plus, you can download Celestronís SkyPortal app for iOS and Android devices to help locate and learn about celestial objects. With ExploraScope, you get the best out-of-the-box experience in the entry-level price range.
- A classic refractor telescope with a fresh, new look and a redesigned mount for added stability
- New altitude slow motion rod offers smoother, more precise control and pointing accuracy
- StarPointer finderscope helps you navigate the night sky and aim at targets with its illuminated red dot
- Works for daytime terrestrial observing and astronomical viewing
- Includes 2 eyepieces and a 3x Barlow lens
Aperture: 80mm (3.1")
Barlow Lens: 3x (1.25")
Eyepiece / Magnification: H20mm (1.25") / 45x; SR4mm (1.25") / 225x
Finderscope: StarPointer red dot finder
Focal Length: 900mm
Focal Ratio: f/11
Highest Useful Magnification: 189x
Light Gathering Power: 131x the unaided eye
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.0
Lowest Useful Magnification: 11x
Optical Coatings: Fully coated glass optics
Optical Design: Refractor
Optical Tube Info: N.A.
Optical Tube Length: 34"
Other Accessories: SkyPortal app
Resolution: Rayleigh: 1.74 arc seconds / Dawes Limit: 1.45 arc seconds
Star Diagonal: Erect image 90 degree (1.25")
Total Telescope Kit Weight: 7.0 lbs
Tripod: Aluminum, 52" max height
Warranty: 2 Years