The Celestron SkyProdigy 70 Computerised Telescope has an automatic alignment process to select from thousands of objects to view. It comes with Sky Tour, and this feature offers a customised list of the best objects in the sky to view for your exact time and location anywhere in the world. Knowledge of the night sky is not required and one touch turns anyone into an instant astronomer.
Celestron's SkyProdigy telescopes use an internal camera and patented StarSense Technology to automatically align with the night sky and determine where the telescope is currently pointing. The camera automatically captures an image of the sky, which is processed internally to positively identify the stars in the image. Once a positive match is found, SkyProdigy determines the coordinates of the center of the captured image. The process is automatically repeated twice more so that the system has three known alignment points which can be used to make an accurate model of the night sky. The user can select any celestial object in the hand controller's database, and SkyProdigy will automatically move itself to the correct position. The SkyProdigy's internal camera does not have an external output. The captured images are used internally solely for the purpose of self-aligning the SkyProdigy telescope.
- Fully Automatic Alignment Procedure
- Fully Computerised Altazimuth Mount
- Quick-Release Fork Arm Mount and Optical Tube for Easy, Quick No Tool Set Up
- Sturdy Stainless Steel Tripod and Accessory Tray
- CD-ROM The SkyX First Light Edition Astronomy Software Which Provides Education About the Sky
- Battery Pack Providing over 30 Hours of Power
Computerized Mount Features:
- Proven Computer Control Technology
- Database Allows Telescope to Automatically Locate Over 4,000 Celestial Objects
- Proprietary StarSense Technology Provides a Completely Automatic Alignment Process with No User Intervention Required
- Flash Upgradeable Hand Control Software for Downloading Product Updates Over the Internet