The Celestron NexStar+ EQ Hand Control works as the brain for all current equatorially mounted NexStar-style telescopes and is compatible with the Celestron Advanced VX, and CGEM computerized telescopes.
With the push of a button, you can access NexStar+ís huge database of over 40,000 celestial objects in the palm of your hand. You can then automatically slew to objects in a variety of catalogs, including the Messier, NGC, Caldwell, and SAO brightest stars. The planets as well as a list of the most popular objects are also included. If you don't know what to look at, you can use the Tour Mode, and be shown a selection of the most popular objects for the time and date you are observing.
A variety of alignment procedures are pre-programmed into the NexStar Plus Hand Control, including SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star, 1-Star, 2-Star, and Solar System. You can also choose from a variety of tracking rates (sidereal, solar & lunar) and slew speeds. Slew at 1, 2, or 3 degrees per second, or choose speeds as low as 2x or as high as 64x. This hand control includes Flash Upgradeable Technology, allowing users to upgrade its software via the Internet. Latest upgrades can be found on the Support Tab.
- NexStar+ Hand Control works with Celestron equatorially mounted computerized telescopes
- Compatible with Advanced VX, and CGEM series telescopes and mounts
- Flash upgradeable via the Internet; latest updates can be found at Celestron.com
- 40,000-object database with RS-232 connection for computer control
- Dual line, 16-character LCD screen with adjustable backlighting