The HOYA HD Digital UV Filter - 55mm features hardened optical glass that has 4 times the breaking strength in ANSI standardized testing (ANSI Z80.3 : 2001) where a steel balls of varying size and weight were dropped from a height of 50 inches onto the glass.
The HOYA HD Digital UV Filter is a multi-purpose fine weather filter, it will absorb the ultra violet rays which often makes outdoor photographs hazy and indistinct, this UV Filter could also be used as a permanent lens protector.
Newly developed industry leading 8-layer multi-coating yields an average light transmission rate of 99.35% between 400 and 700nm (visible spectrum).
- High Density Sharp Cut UV Glass
- Chemically Enhanced Optical Glass is 4x Stronger
- 8-layer Anti-Reflective Multi-Coating
- Water & Oil Repellent, Scratch & Stain Resistant
- Wide-Angle Lens Compatible Ultra Thin Frame
- Glass Mounted with High Pressure Press Technology